28 ozcan chopped tomatoes
6 ozchopped pancetta
1 mediumdiced onion
1/2 colive oil, extra virgin
1/2 cgrated parmesan cheese
1/2 cgrated romano cheese
1/2 ccognac or brandy
4 Tbspbutter, cold
How to Make Roman Pasta
- Saute the onion in the olive oil and butter.
- Add the pancetta and pepper(optional) and saute until brown.
- Add the cognac and diced tomatoes with their juice. Cook over medium heat with the lid slighty open for about 45 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti according to the package directions and drain.
- Combine the pasta, cheeses, and half of the sauce in a bowl and serve hot. Top each portion with additional sauce.