Roasted tomato pasta with mozzarella
- 1 pound red and/or yellow grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- three cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- one package dry rotini pasta, 16 ounces
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 8 ounces small fresh mozzarella balls or cubed fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 cup snipped fresh basil
How to Make Roasted tomato pasta with mozzarella
- 1preheat oven to 450°. Arrange tomato halves cut side up, in a foil lined 15 x 10" baking pan. Sprinkle with oregano, garlic, and salt; drizzle with the 1/4 cup olive oil. Roast tomatoes, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until light Brown and shriveled. Set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl whisk together the one third cup olive oil, vinegar, and pepper. Add warm pasta to bowl; toss to coat. Let cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- 3Add the tomatoes and any drippings from the pan, the mozzarella, and basil to the pasta. Toss to mix. Serve at room temperature. Makes 12 servings.