Roasted Red Pepper Penne
1 lbpenne pasta
1 lbsmoked sausage
2 jar(s)pasta sauce
1 can(s)chili ready diced tomatoes
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
1/2 jar(s)roasted red peppers
How to Make Roasted Red Pepper Penne
- In a large pot, begin bringing water to a boil. Once water starts to boil, add some salt and pasta to the water.
- Cube up the smoked sausage and add to another pot with a teaspoon of olive oil on the bottom. Cook until the sausage begins to brown.
- In a blender, add half a jar of pasta sauce, half a jar of roasted red peppers, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Begin blending until ingredients are completely emulsified.
- Once sausage is browned, add all the roasted red pepper sauce, the rest of the pasta sauce, 1 can of chili ready diced tomatoes (drained), and one teaspoon of fresh minced garlic. Stir and let sit until sauce is hot.
- Drain pasta, then add the sauce. Stir everything, then enjoy.