Roast Chicken with Peas, Prosciutto and Cream
Photo and recipe: Crockpot Chicken Recipes Cookbook from...Current Catalog
- 2 1/2 lb
- whole chicken, cut up
- 5 oz
- prosciutto, diced
- 1 small
- onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 c
- dry white wine (i use chardonnay or pinot grigio)
- 1 pkg
- ( 10 oz.) frozen peas
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 c
- farfalle pasta, cooked al dente
How to Make Roast Chicken with Peas, Prosciutto and Cream
- 1Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Combine chicken, prosciutto, onion, and wine in the crock pot. Cover, cook on HIGH for 3 1/2 - 4 hrs. or on LOW for 8 - 10 hrs, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- 2During last 30 minutes of cooking, add frozen peas and heavy cream to crock pot.
- 3Remove chicken with slotted spoon. Take meat off bones and set aside on a warmed plate.
- 4Combine cornstarch and water. Add to cooking liquid in crock pot. Cover; cook on HIGH 10-15 minutes or until liquid is thickened.
- 5To serve: spoon cooked pasta onto serving dish, place chicken on top of pasta, and then top chicken with sauce.