Roast Chicken with Peas, Prosciutto and Cream
Photo and recipe: Crockpot Chicken Recipes Cookbook from...Current Catalog
2 1/2 lbwhole chicken, cut up
5 ozprosciutto, diced
1 smallonion, finely chopped
1/2 cdry white wine (i use chardonnay or pinot grigio)
1 pkg( 10 oz.) frozen peas
1/2 cheavy cream
1 1/2 Tbspcornstarch
·salt and pepper, to taste
4 cfarfalle pasta, cooked al dente
How to Make Roast Chicken with Peas, Prosciutto and Cream
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Combine chicken, prosciutto, onion, and wine in the crock pot. Cover, cook on HIGH for 3 1/2 - 4 hrs. or on LOW for 8 - 10 hrs, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- During last 30 minutes of cooking, add frozen peas and heavy cream to crock pot.
- Remove chicken with slotted spoon. Take meat off bones and set aside on a warmed plate.
- Combine cornstarch and water. Add to cooking liquid in crock pot. Cover; cook on HIGH 10-15 minutes or until liquid is thickened.
- To serve: spoon cooked pasta onto serving dish, place chicken on top of pasta, and then top chicken with sauce.