Rigatoni With Vodka Sauce
1 lbdried rigatoni, cooked for 5 minutes and drained (very al dente)
2 Tbspolive oil
1 mediumsweet onion, diced
4 clovegarlic minced
1-2 can(s)diced tomatoes (depending on how chunky you want it)
1 jar(s)prego fresh mushroom sauce (28 or 32 oz - i can't recall)
1 jar(s)classico mushroom alfredo sauce (different flavors are great to experiment with)
1shot of good vodka (1.5-2 oz)
1 Tbspdried itatlian spice blend
1/4 cfresh parsley, chopped
How to Make Rigatoni With Vodka Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350.
Grease a 9x13 or 2qt baking dish.
- In a large saucepan over medium to medium high heat, saute the onion in olive oil until just translucent. Add the garlic and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Stir until blended and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the Alfredo sauce, herbs and vodka. cover and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Toss noodles into sauce and transfer mixture to baking dish. Bake for 30-45 minutes or until the top is nice and browned.
- Let stand about 5 minutes, stir before serving.