Rigatoni With Broccoli
- 1 bunch
- broccoli (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 c
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 pinch
- red pepper flakes ( i like it spicy so i use a big pinch)
- 8 oz
- rigatoni pasta
- 1/2 c
- freshly grated pecorino romano cheese or parmigiano-reggiano cheese
How to Make Rigatoni With Broccoli
- 1Trim the broccoli and cut it into bite sized pieces.
- 22 Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Add the broccoli and salt to taste. Cook for 5 minutes. Scoop out the broccoli with a small sieve. Reserve the cooking water in the pot.
- 3Pour the olive oil into a skillet large enough to hold all the ingredients. Add the garlic and red pepper, cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until the garlic is lightly golden. Add the broccoli and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes, or until the broccoli is soft.
- 4Meanwhile, bring the water back to a boil. Add the rigatoni and cook, stirring frequently, until the pasta is not quite tender. Scoop out about 1 cup of the cooking water and set it aside. Drain the rigatoni and add it to the skillet with the broccoli. Add the reserved cooking water and cook, stirring often for 5 minutes or more.
- 5Sprinkle with cheese, toss and serve immediately.