Ravioli with Ricotta and Asparagus
- 20-24 medium
- asparagus spears, fresh or frozen
- 1 1/2 c
- ricotta cheese, drained
- 1/2 c
- parmigiano-reggiano, grated plus more for serving
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 c
- butter, unsalted
- 1 pkg
- wonton wrappers, you may not use them all
How to Make Ravioli with Ricotta and Asparagus
- 1Blanche and chill asparagus if using fresh. Skip if using frozen. Cut into 1 inch pieces. Dry with paper towels. Save 1/4 cup for garnish.
- 2In a bowl mix the asparagus, ricotta, Parmigiano-Reggiano, olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine and set aside.
- 3Place a scant tablespoon of ricotta mixture on center of half of the wonton wrappers. Run a wet pastry brush around the edge and place a second wrapper on top and press with your fingers to seal.
- 4In a large saute pan, heat butter over high heat until the foam subsides. Add reserved asparagus and remove from heat.
Cook ravioli in boiling water until they are tender and cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- 5Drain ravioli reserving 3 tablespoons pasta water and add them to the pan with butter. Add 3 tablespoons pasta water and toss gently over high heat for 1 minutes.
- 6Season with salt and pepper. Divide evenly between 8 pasta bowls and serve immediately with Parmigiano-Reggiano grated over the top.