Quick Meatball Stroganoff
I did not use mushrooms as I have picky eaters, though I did double the recipe to feed everyone and have leftovers for lunches, and another meal.
It was a hit! Very easy and economical. You could obviously use your own homemade meatballs, but occasionally and in a pinch, sometimes this type of thing saves the day! :-)
NOTE: Sprinkle dill and pepper to taste. Hubby and I liked more spices. Surprising because I'm not a dill lover, but it's fantastic in this recipe!
1 lbswedish style meatballs (thawed)
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup (or celery or chicken)
1/2 cchicken stock
10 ozsliced mushrooms (drained) if desired
1/2 csour cream
·broad egg noodles
·dill, dried (to taste)
·pepper (freshly ground) if desired
How to Make Quick Meatball Stroganoff
- Thaw meatballs in microwave 2-3 minutes. Combine soup and stock in large saucepan and heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add meatballs and mushrooms (if desired), cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- While simmering, boil egg noodles and drain.
- Add sour cream to meatball mixture and heat through without boiling.
- Spoon over noodles and sprinkle with dill.