Quick Meatball Stroganoff
I did not use mushrooms as I have picky eaters, though I did double the recipe to feed everyone and have leftovers for lunches, and another meal.
It was a hit! Very easy and economical. You could obviously use your own homemade meatballs, but occasionally and in a pinch, sometimes this type of thing saves the day! :-)
NOTE: Sprinkle dill and pepper to taste. Hubby and I liked more spices. Surprising because I'm not a dill lover, but it's fantastic in this recipe!
- 1 lb
- swedish style meatballs (thawed)
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup (or celery or chicken)
- 1/2 c
- chicken stock
- 10 oz
- sliced mushrooms (drained) if desired
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- broad egg noodles
- dill, dried (to taste)
- pepper (freshly ground) if desired
How to Make Quick Meatball Stroganoff
- 1Thaw meatballs in microwave 2-3 minutes. Combine soup and stock in large saucepan and heat, stirring occasionally.
- 2Add meatballs and mushrooms (if desired), cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- 3While simmering, boil egg noodles and drain.
- 4Add sour cream to meatball mixture and heat through without boiling.
- 5Spoon over noodles and sprinkle with dill.