Quick and Easy Left-Over Meat Sauce
Catherine Cappiello Pappas
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 4 leftover hamburgers
- 3-4 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 1 tablespoons capers plus 1 tablespoon caper juice
- 1 small red onion
- ¼ cup red wine
- 28 oz. can peel tomatoes
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- fresh grated romano or parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. of your favorite macaroni
How to Make Quick and Easy Left-Over Meat Sauce
- 1Heat a large cast iron frying pan with the olive oil. Add the garlic, onion, capers plus the juice and left over hamburgers, crumbled.
Sauté until the onion is softened. Add the tomatoes, wine and the seasonings and gently simmer on low, slightly covered for 25-30 minutes.
Prepare the macaroni as directed.
Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, dash of red pepper flakes and fresh grated cheese.