Pumpkin Sage Butter Tortellini
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 lbsweet butter
8fresh sage leaves
1/2 cpumpkin puree or pumpkin pie filling
1/2 cfreshly grated parmigiano reggiano
How to Make Pumpkin Sage Butter Tortellini
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil in a spaghetti pot and add 2 tbsp. of salt
- Place butter and sage in a 10-12 inch saute pan over medium-high heat and cook until butter turns golden brown and spatters a bit.
- Add the pumpkin puree and remove from heat; it will make some noise here and be a little messy. Swirl the pan to mix the butter and pumpkin mixture together and set aside.
- Drop the tortellini into the boiling water and cook according to package instructions, and then drain in a colander.
- Immediately toss the cooked tortellini into the pan with the pumpkin mixture, place over medium heat and toss until pasta is coated with the sauce.
- Mix in half of the grated Parmigiano and toss for 10 seconds, then pour into a heated bowl and serve immediately.