Pumpkin Sage Butter Tortellini
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1/2 lb
- sweet butter
- fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 c
- pumpkin puree or pumpkin pie filling
- 1 lb
- 1/2 c
- freshly grated parmigiano reggiano
How to Make Pumpkin Sage Butter Tortellini
- 1Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil in a spaghetti pot and add 2 tbsp. of salt
- 2Place butter and sage in a 10-12 inch saute pan over medium-high heat and cook until butter turns golden brown and spatters a bit.
- 3Add the pumpkin puree and remove from heat; it will make some noise here and be a little messy. Swirl the pan to mix the butter and pumpkin mixture together and set aside.
- 4Drop the tortellini into the boiling water and cook according to package instructions, and then drain in a colander.
- 5Immediately toss the cooked tortellini into the pan with the pumpkin mixture, place over medium heat and toss until pasta is coated with the sauce.
- 6Mix in half of the grated Parmigiano and toss for 10 seconds, then pour into a heated bowl and serve immediately.