Poverty Ave in a dish By freda
QUICK AND EASY to PREPARE.
We have also made this with NO MEAT at all when times were tough.
This dish has a Blank Canvas; As, We have added fresh Herbs, & many different seasonings, All Your Choice, and Your Budget,
whole Kernel Corn, Peas, any cheese, bell peppers, red chili peppers, chili pdr, & the list goes on.
Just what ever your Palette may desire, or or Your Budget, or we may have had on hand, was added and we enjoyed it.
Photo coming soon.
1 Ccooked and drained macaroni, or any pasta noodle desired
1 Lgchopped onion
2minced garlic cloves or jar equivilent
1 Tbsoil (olive i used)
1 LBground beef (hamburgr meat) browned and drained
2 cans(16oz) stewed tomatoes chopped up
1 Can(16oz) filled with water
·salt and pepper, parmesan cheese (optional)
How to Make Poverty Ave in a dish By freda
- Cook Noodles drain and set aside. according to Pkg directions.
- Saute Onions and garlic in oil.
- Brown ground beef and Drain.
- Add ground beef, tomatoes, water, Macaroni, salt pepper, to the garlic ad Onion Mixture. Toss well.
- Cook over med Heat 15-20 min. til well seasoned and flavors asorbed.
- Top with Parmesan Cheese,
Serve with Garlic bread and a salad.
Thrifty and very good Meal. I still enjoy to this day. . . . this recipe is over 50+ yrs old.
Better than any hamburger helper meal.