★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 lbground beef
1 mediumonion, chopped
1 Tbspgarlic, minced (if you don't like strong garlic flavor use less)
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
2 csour cream
8 ozmushrooms, sliced (you can also use canned, drained)
1 pkg16 oz egg noodles, cooked
How to Make Poor Man's Stroganoff
- Brown ground beef with onion and mushrooms.
Cook until beef is no longer pink and onions
- Add the can of cream of mushroom soup. I usually let this simmer on low heat until the noodles are ready.
- Just before serving add the sour cream. Heat for about 5 min and add salt and pepper to taste. Spoon over cooked noodles.
- If you want it on the thinner side add about 1/4 cup of beef broth or milk.
- ****Note, this is also good served over rice or mashed potatoes. Make enough for 4 servings****