PiXie's Ditalini Green Pea Summer Salad
- 16 oz
- ditalini macaroni, cooked, drained-do not rinse.
- 18 oz
- add (frozen) sweet baby green peas to drained pasta, mix well-pasta will defrost peas-.
- 1 large
- add chopped red/purple vidalia onion
- 32 oz
- add real mayonnaise
- 32 oz
- sour cream
- 2/3 oz
- pkg. fresh baby dill, destemmed and mildly chopped, reserve a tbs. for garnish.
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 4 pinch
- course sea salt
- 3 pinch
- coarse black pepper mix well to blend all above ingredients in pasta.
- 8 oz
- colby jack, or peppered jack, or marbled cheddar hard cheese, shredded
- 2 oz
- buttermilk **reserve** to add just before serving after salad has chilled, this will loosen it up again.
How to Make PiXie's Ditalini Green Pea Summer Salad
- 1Boil your pasta according to directions on pkg. Do not rinse. Use pasta pot to mix all ingredients in after pasta is cooked. Chill at least 4 hours in refrigerator. Only add the cheese after all other ingredients are blended. Recipes Doubles easily for gatherings and special occasions Just buy twice the amount.