Pink vodka sauce
2 Tbspolive oil (not extra virgin)
3 clovegarlic, minced
1onion, diced small
1/2 lbprocciutto, sliced thin and then chopped into 1/2-1 inch pieces
1 Tbspitalian herbs
2 cheavy cream
2 can(s)(28oz) tomato puree
1 cromano cheese, grated
How to Make Pink vodka sauce
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent. Add prociutto and saute until it's caramelized and crisp, about 10min.
- Add vodka and scrape the pan until the pan looks clean underneath and the liquid is a uniform brown. Simmer for about 5min or until it no longer has a boozy smell.
- Add seasoning and stir. Add cream and tomatoes and incorporate well. Add sugar and stir. Simmer for about 20min on low heat.
- Add cheese and stir well to avoid cheese clumping at the bottom. Simmer for another 20min or so.
- Serve mixed with any kind of pasta, but tube-like pastas like rigatoni and penne work best. They seem to hold the sauce better.
- OPTIONAL: If you have fresh basil, add it with the 3rd step. Don't add it before, as I've found the higher heat seems to give it a bitter flavor, whereas simmering it with the tomatoes and cream at a lower heat brings out the lovely oils!