A wonderful cross between Pierogi and Lasagna... or as some of my family call it... Pierogi Hot Dish.... or Easy Pierogi
What ever you choose to call it... is fine... just don't call me late for dinner!
Add or subtract ingredients... experiment! Play With Your Food! xo
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef (browned)
- garlic powder, ground black pepper and salt to taste
- 1/2 lb
- 2 large
- 5 c
- mashed potatoes
- 12 - 16 oz
- sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 box
- lasagna noodles (cooked acording to package aldente)
- 1 stick
- 1 large
- ring polish sausage (sliced into coins)
- 1 can(s)
- (15 ounces) sauerkraut
How to Make Pierogi Lasagna
- 6Boil the lasagna noodles. Rinse and drain.
Butter generously the sides and bottom of a 13x9 inch baking pan.
Put a layer of Lasagna noodles in the pan.
Add a layer of mashed potatoes, drizzle with a little melted butter, sprinkle on some shredded cheddar cheese, sprinkle on some of the ground beef and onion mixture. Sprinkle lightly with ground black pepper and garlic powder.