Pepper Steak - Slow Cooked
This is a delicious slow cooked meal. I used to make this a lot, when had a busy day ahead of me. I love making this in the summer, when not wanting to heat up the house. Serve over rice, noodles or mashed potatoes.
- 2 lb
- beef top round steak
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- chopped onion
- 1/2 c
- soy sauce
- 2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 - 2 large
- green bell pepper, cut into strips. ( i also have used red )
- 1 - 1/2 Tbsp
- corn starch
- 3/4 c
- cold water
- hot noodles, rice or mashed potatoes
How to Make Pepper Steak - Slow Cooked
- 1Cut beef into 3-in. x 1-in. strips. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- 2Combine the onion, soy sauce, garlic, sugar, salt, ginger and pepper; pour over beef.
Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- 3Add tomatoes and green pepper; cook on low 1 hour longer or until vegetables are tender. ( if not enough sauce at this point, add a small can of tomato sauce).
Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 20-30 minutes until thickened.
About Pepper Steak - Slow Cooked
You May Also Like:
Show 21 Comments & Reviews