Penne with Vodka Sauce & Turkey sausage
It's a good way to use up zucchini and sneak it in on the kids :)
- 3/4 lb
- fresh turkey breakfast sausage (jenni-o is good)
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion
- 1-2 tsp
- garlic minced
- 7 oz
- penne pasta, i used barilla whole grain 1/2 box
- 24 oz
- vodka sauce-bottled
- 1 1/2 c
- mozzarella -with a touch of cream cheese, or any kind
- 1/4-1/2 c
- feta cheese, sliced
- 1/4 c
- frozen onion and peppers blend
- 8 oz
- baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- zucchini, diced
How to Make Penne with Vodka Sauce & Turkey sausage
- 1Cook the pasta till al dente', drain. Preheat oven to 350. Break up the turkey sausage in a skillet, and cook with the onion and garlic till browned, drain.
- 2Put the meat mixture back into the pan, add all the other veggies and half of the sauce. Cook about 5 min over med heat. Add the pasta to the mix.
- 3Spray a baking pan with Pam. Place half of the meat- noodle sauce mixture into pan. Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella, and lay the feta slices on top.
- 4Place the rest of meat-sauce mixture on next. Add the other half of the vodka sauce. Top with the remaining cheese, and cover with foil.
- 5Bake for 30 min, or until bubbly. Remove cover and let cook for about 10 min more until cheese is nicely golden. Let stand 10 min. before serving.