Penne with Vodka Sauce & Turkey sausage
It's a good way to use up zucchini and sneak it in on the kids :)
3/4 lbfresh turkey breakfast sausage (jenni-o is good)
1/2 cchopped onion
1-2 tspgarlic minced
7 ozpenne pasta, i used barilla whole grain 1/2 box
24 ozvodka sauce-bottled
1 1/2 cmozzarella -with a touch of cream cheese, or any kind
1/4-1/2 cfeta cheese, sliced
1/4 cfrozen onion and peppers blend
8 ozbaby bella mushrooms, sliced
How to Make Penne with Vodka Sauce & Turkey sausage
- Cook the pasta till al dente', drain. Preheat oven to 350. Break up the turkey sausage in a skillet, and cook with the onion and garlic till browned, drain.
- Put the meat mixture back into the pan, add all the other veggies and half of the sauce. Cook about 5 min over med heat. Add the pasta to the mix.
- Spray a baking pan with Pam. Place half of the meat- noodle sauce mixture into pan. Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella, and lay the feta slices on top.
- Place the rest of meat-sauce mixture on next. Add the other half of the vodka sauce. Top with the remaining cheese, and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 min, or until bubbly. Remove cover and let cook for about 10 min more until cheese is nicely golden. Let stand 10 min. before serving.