★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 6 oz
- uncooked penne or rigatoni
- 12 oz
- mild italian bulk sausage
- 1/4 tsp
- red pepper flakes
- 2 c
- spring greens or baby spinach leaves, packed
- 1/2 c
- roasted red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 c
- chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 c
- (4 oz.) crumbled feta cheese with tomatoes & basil
- 1/4 tsp
- salt, or to taste
- pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
How to Make PENNE WITH SAUSAGE & FETA
- 1Cook penne according to package directions.
While penne is cooking; place large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Coat skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
Add sausage & red pepper flakes. Cook until sausage is browned, stirring constantly to break up meat. Remove from heat.
- 2Drain cooked penne. Add to skillet with sausage.
Add greens, roasted peppers, olives, basil & oil.
Toss gently until mixed well & greens have wilted slightly.
Add feta & salt. Toss again.