Penne with Chorizo
1 lbcooked penne
2 stickchorizo (mexican sausage, mild or medium
15 ozricotta cheese
1/4 cbasil pesto
How to Make Penne with Chorizo
- Start water for pasta and cook per directions.
- Heat a heavy skillet on medium heat and fry out chorizo.
- When the sausage is nearly done add the peppers, onion and garlic. Cook until tender.
- Add tomatoes to skillet and cook a few minutes. Then add the ricotta cheese and stir well to combine. Continue to cook just until the mixture starts to bubble.
- Drain the pasta and add back to the pot. Pour the chorizo mixture over the pasta and add the basil pesto. Stir well and serve with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.