Penne Pasta with Roasted Asparagus
- 2 lbs. asparagus
- 3 tsp. olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- 8 oz. penne pasta
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz. fresh parmesan, grated
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- coarse grind pepper
How to Make Penne Pasta with Roasted Asparagus
- 1Snap off woody bottoms of asparagus and discard. Cut into diagonal pieces, about 3 per stalk. Toss asparagus with 1 1/2 tsp. oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Put on baking sheet in single layer.Roast in oven (400 degrees) tossing asparagus several times, til browned, about 15 minutes, less if pencil thin stalks. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, cook pasta in larg epot of salted boiling water til al dente. Drain. Transfer pasta to large saute pan. Add chicken stock and lemon juice. Cook over high heat til liquid is almost completely absorbed, about 5 minutes. Add remaining olive oil, cheese, asparagus, and salt to taste. Cook and toss til mixed. Stir in parsley. Serve at once sprinkled with coarse grind pepper. Serves 4 to 6
- 3You can sprinkle the finished dish with pine nuts or almonds if you like.