★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 8 clove
- garlic, peeled
- 3 c
- small broccoli small florets
- 1 small
- sweet orange pepper sliced in strips
- grape tomatoes cut in half
- 2 c
- evaporated skimmed milk
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 c
- grated cheddar cheese,,reduced fat
- 1 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 c
- penne. cooked to pkg. directions
How to Make Penne in Creamy Garlic-Cheese Sauce
- 1In large pot of boiling ater cook garlic for 4 minutes until softened..with slotted spoon remove garlic,,mince it and set aside. In same pot of boiling water cook broccoli 3 minutes until bright green and slightly softened..with slotted spoon, remove broccoli from pot and set it aside.
- 2In same pot of boiling water cook penne 8 to 10 minutes or until softened. Drain and set penne aside, and discard liquid.
- 3In non-stick skillet with wire whisk combine milk and flour blending until flour is dissolved.Cook over medium heat stirring constantly with whisk for about 5 minutes until mixture is bubbling and thickened, stir in the garlic.
- 4Reduce heat to low add the cheddar, parmesan,pepper and milk mixture until cheese has melted, stir in broccoli. tomatoes and penne and cook for a few minutes until heated through. happy dining, hope you like this...