Penne ala Vodka
- 2 lb
- good penne pasta( like barilla)
- 2 qt
- marinara sauce( i use my own)
- 2 pt
- heavy cream
- 16 oz
- romano cheese, grated
- 1 small
- bunch of fresh basil
- 1 1/2 c
How to Make Penne ala Vodka
- 1Cook the pasta according to package directions,el dente.
Strain and reserve.
Using the same pot as the pasta,turn the heat to high and add the vodka.
Bring to a light boil and add the sauce stirring frequently,lower the heat to a simmer.
- 2whisk in the heavy cream,3/4 of the grated cheese and stir frequently until the sauce come to a light boil. Chop the basil coarsely and add about half of it for the sauce and the other is for garnish along with the remainder of the cheese.
- 3The sauce should be pinkish in color and the alcohol in the vodka will evaporate leaving the flavor of the spirit.
Serve in pasta bowls with a fork and a spoon so you can get all the goodness!
I also like to have this with a good loaf of bread and a nice tossed salad,delicious!!
A little red crushed pepper on it isn't to shabby either!! Enjoy!:)