Patti's Easy Lasagna
1 1/2 lbground beef
1/4 cdiced onion
2 tspminced garlic
12 ozcan tomato paste
1 1/2 tsporegano
1/4 tspground black pepper
1 pkgfrozen cheese ravioli noodles
8 ozshredded mozarella
How to Make Patti's Easy Lasagna
- Brown ground beef in 2 quart saucepan, drain. Add chopped onions and garlic, cook until onions are translucent.
- Add tomato paste, then fill empty can twice with water, add. Stir until combined.
- Add salt, oregano, basil and pepper, stir until combined.
- Bring to a boil, turn down to simmer. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Uncover and simmer 10 more minutes.
- While sauce is simmering, bring 3 quarts water to a boil in a large pot. Add ravioli noodles. Cook until noodles rise to the top. Drain.
- Spray a 13 x 9 glass pan with cooking spray. Arrange pans of noodles and sauce nearby for easy assembly. Take cheese out of fridge. Preheat oven to 350.
- Ladle 1/3 of the sauce onto bottom of pan. Cover sauce with 1/2 of the noodles, arranged in a rectangle. Cover noodles with 1/3 more sauce, sprinkle 1/2 of the mozzarella on top. Add one more layer of noodles and the remaining sauce.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350. During last ten minutes, take pan out, sprinkle with remaining cheese, then return to oven for remaining ten minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly. Cut into squares. Serves 6-8, depending on size of squares/how hungry you are..