Patsy's True Italian Lasagna1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 Tbspolive oil
1 conion, chopped
1 lbground beef
28 oztomatoes, canned
8 oztomato sauce
6 oztomato paste
1 tspparsley, dried flakes
1 lblasagna noodles
1 lbcottage cheese
1 cparmesan cheese, grated
How to Make Patsy's True Italian Lasagna
- Heat the oil in a large heavy sauce pan.
- Saute onions and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Stir in ground beef, cook over medium heat until browned.
- Add salt, tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, water, basil, oregano, sugar and parsley.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Add a tablespoon oil while cooking to prevent sticking.
- Drain, rinse and cool.
- Blend cottage cheese and egg in bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9.5 x 3 inch baking pan.
- Arrange alternate layers of sauce, lasagna, cottage cheese/egg mixture mozzarella, finishing with sauce.
- Sprinkle with parmesan or romano cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 375.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- NOTE: For the lazy mans' alternative, use uncooked noodles and add 1 3/4 cup of water to dish before baking.