Pasta with Smoked Salmon and Sun-dried Tomatoes
I came up with this recipe after someone gave me a 5-pound slab of smoked salmon for Christmas one year. I mean...what does one do with that much salmon besides slapping it on a shmeared bagel? I just started grabbing stuff from the fridge/pantry. This is the result. It's actually very decadent.
- 1/2 lb
- smoked salmon (or lox tidbits)
- 1 pt
- heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- oyster sauce
- 1 tsp
- garlic, chopped
- 1/2 c
- fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 c
- white zinfandel wine (optional)
- 2 to 3 Tbsp
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 to 6
- sun-dried tomato halves (about 1/2 cup)
- pasta of choice for 4 people
- ground pepper to taste
How to Make Pasta with Smoked Salmon and Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 1Cut up salmon into small pieces. I usually do 1/2 inch x 2 inch strips. HINT: If you don't have 5 pounds of smoked salmon laying around, you can find "lox tidbits" at your local market. They're perfect for this dish as they are odds and ends cut off their big pieces of lox. You can also use those packages of pre-cooked glazed or peppered salmon if you like.
- 2Cut up sun-dried tomatoes into thin strips (1/4 inch by 1 inch).
- 3Cook, drain pasta. Fusili works well as it will grab and hold onto the sauce. I also like to make this with angel hair, linguine or regular spaghetti pasta.
- 4In large, non-stick skillet, melt butter and add cream. Bring to boil, stir, cook until slightly thickened.
- 5OPTIONAL STEP: Add the White Zinfandel wine now and continue cooking to reduce liquid until mixture slightly thickened like in previous step. NOTE** may completely skip this step and omit the wine if desired.
- 6Add parmesan cheese, garlic, pepper and oyster sauce. Stir, and continue cooking until mixture is thickened to sauce consistency.
- 7Reduce heat to low. Gently fold in salmon and sun-dried tomato pieces. Continue to cook on low for just a few minutes until salmon is heated.
- 8Spoon salmon sauce over cooked pasta. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley. Toss lightly to coat pasta. Serve immediately
About Pasta with Smoked Salmon and Sun-dried Tomatoes
You May Also Like:
Show 8 Comments & Reviews