☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 Hr 25 Min
2 1/2 lbitalian sweet sausagee, casings removed, crumbled
3 Tbspolive oil
1 1/2 lbmushrooms, thickly sliced
3 cchopped onions
1 1/2 cchopped fresh basil
1/4 cchopped fresh oregano
6 largegarlic cloves, chopped
1 cdry white wine
5 ccanned crushed tomatoes with added puree
2 cdiced tomatoes (about 4 medium-large tomatoes)
1 1/4 lbpappardelle or mafaldine pasta (or any wide, flat noodles)
1 1/2 cgrated pecorino romano cheese (about 4 1/2 oz)
How to Make Pasta with Sausage, Tomatoes, and Mushrooms
- Sauté sausage in heavy large pot over medium-high heat until brown, about 12 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer sausage to large bowl.
- Add oil to drippings in pot. Add mushrooms and onions; sauté until tender and brown, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup chopped basil, oregano, and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add wine; cook until almost absorbed, about 4 minutes. Add sausage and crushed tomatoes; cover and simmer over medium heat until thickened, about 25 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes and butter; simmer until tomatoes are soft, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cool slightly. Chill uncovered until cold, then cover and refrigerate. Bring to simmer before continuing.)
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain well; return to pot.
- Pour sauce over pasta; toss to coat. Add 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 cup basil; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer pasta to serving dish. Serve, passing remaining cheese separately.