Pasta with Pesto and Summer Sausage
1 lbpkg tri colored rottini, cooked and drained
2 csummer sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 colive oil
2 pkgknorr creamy pesto or regular pesto mix
1 pkg(16 oz) frozen broccoli, carrots and cauliflower
How to Make Pasta with Pesto and Summer Sausage
- prepare pasta drizzle with 2 tsp olive oil and set aside.
- defrost frozen veggies in microwave then toss with pasta.
- Toss sausage pieces in hot, medium sized sauce pan for a few minutes to sweat out the sausage a little bit, then add the milk slowly. With a wire whisk add the 2 packets of sauce mix and then the olive oil.
- bring mixture to gentle boil, stirring with a wooden spoon, then reduce to simmer for several minutes until sauce thickens. Be careful with keeping it cool enough not to stick, but hot enough to make it thicken. stir constantly!
- When sauce is thickened pour over pasta and veggies. yummm!