Pasta with Pesto and Summer Sausage
- 1 lb
- pkg tri colored rottini, cooked and drained
- 2 c
- summer sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 c
- 1/2 c
- olive oil
- 2 pkg
- knorr creamy pesto or regular pesto mix
- 1 pkg
- (16 oz) frozen broccoli, carrots and cauliflower
How to Make Pasta with Pesto and Summer Sausage
- 1prepare pasta drizzle with 2 tsp olive oil and set aside.
- 2defrost frozen veggies in microwave then toss with pasta.
- 3Toss sausage pieces in hot, medium sized sauce pan for a few minutes to sweat out the sausage a little bit, then add the milk slowly. With a wire whisk add the 2 packets of sauce mix and then the olive oil.
- 4bring mixture to gentle boil, stirring with a wooden spoon, then reduce to simmer for several minutes until sauce thickens. Be careful with keeping it cool enough not to stick, but hot enough to make it thicken. stir constantly!
- 5When sauce is thickened pour over pasta and veggies. yummm!