Pasta With Mushrooms, Red Bell Pepper And Pumpkin
·1 large red bell pepper
1/2 lbpumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 2-inch pieces
1/2 c1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1 tspminced garlic
1 tspminced shallot
1/2 lbfresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
·salt and freshly ground pepper
1/2 cdry white wine
1/4 cwhipping cream
1/4 cminced fresh italian parsley
1 lbfettuccine pasta
How to Make Pasta With Mushrooms, Red Bell Pepper And Pumpkin
- Char pepper over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides. Wrap in paper bag and let stand 10 minutes to steam. Peel, seed and cut pepper into julienne.
- Steam pumpkin until tender. Set aside. Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and shallot and stir 3 minutes. Add mushrooms.
- Season with salt and pepper. Saute mushrooms until almost tender, about 3 minutes. Add pumpkin and cook 1 minute.
- Add wine and boil until liquid is reduced by half. Add cream and boil until sauce thickens and coats back of spoon, about 5 minutes. Mix in bell pepper and parsley.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Drain pasta. Add to sauce and bring to simmer. Toss gently. Divide pasta among plates.
- Serve immediately.