Pasta with Lobster,Wild Mushrooms, and Cream
Either way its YUM!
- 6 Tbsp
- butter (3/4 stick)
- 10 to 12 oz frozen lobster tail,thawed
- 8 oz
- shitake mushrooms,stemmed,thinly sliced
- 1/2 c
- (packed) thinly sliced fresh basil
- green onions,thinly sliced
- 3 clove
- 1 1/3 c
- whipped cream
- 1 bottle
- (8oz) clam juice
- 12 oz
- 1/4 c
- freshly grated asiago cheese (1oz)
How to Make Pasta with Lobster,Wild Mushrooms, and Cream
- 1Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add lobster tails and saute until shells are bright red in spots, about 5 minutes. Cover skillets;reduce heat to low and cook until lobster is cooked through,about 6 minutes. Remove from heat. Using slotted spoon,transfer lobster to work surface. Using heavy large knife,cut each tail lengthwise in half. Remove meat from shell. Cut meat crosswise into 1/2 inch pieces.
- 2Return same skillet to medium-high heat(do not clean). Add mushrooms,half of basil,green onions,and garlic; saute until mushrooms soften,about 5 minutes. Add cream and clam juice. Boil until sauce is slightly thickened,stirring occasionally,about 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add lobster(or shrimp if using) and simmer 1 minute. Stir in remaining basil. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3Meanwhile,cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain well. Return to pot. Pour sauce over pasta and add cheese;toss over low heat until warmed through, then serve.