Pasta with Homemade Meat Sauce
Anyway, you can make this in about 30 minutes, if you leave the heat on the stove at medium after cooking the meat, but stir every 3 minutes to avoid scorching. Or you can simmer it on low heat for 90 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, and teasing your loved ones with the tantalizing aroma coming from the kitchen. Your choice! Buon Appetito! =^..
★★★★★ 2 votes5
1 lbground beef
1small onion, chopped
1 clovegarlic, chopped
29 ozcan of tomato sauce (unseasoned)
1/2 - 1 tsporegano, or to taste
1/2 tspgarlic salt or powder, or to taste
1/2 lbof pasta, your choice
How to Make Pasta with Homemade Meat Sauce
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef with onion & garlic, breaking the ground beef into smaller pieces. Drain, if necessary.
- Add the tomato sauce & spices (except the bay leaf) into the browned beef mixture and stir well. Tuck in the bay leaf. Cover & cook over LOW heat for about 90** minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. (Yes, I set the timer for this.)
- After 60 minutes, put on a large pot of water for the pasta. Time the pasta to be done (according to package directions) when the sauce thickens to desired consistency.
- Serve with salad & garlic toast.
- **NOTE: If you need a quicker dinner, see the Personal Note above. Put the pasta water on when you start the sauce.