Pasta with Garlic Scape Pesto Cream Sauce
3-4 Tbspgarlic scape pesto (recipe in my recipe box)
1/4 lbpasta, your choice
1 cheavy cream
2 tsppine nuts, toasted, for garnish
Lemon Zestof one lemon, for garnish
1 batchhomemade croutons, for garnish
1 heaping tspgarlic scape pesto, for garnish
Crustof bread to make croutons
How to Make Pasta with Garlic Scape Pesto Cream Sauce
- Mini Bread Croutons: Take heal or crust of loaf of bread and dice it into small chunks. Toast in butter in a nonstick pan. Remove from heat and stir in a sprinkle of parmesan and fresh chopped parsley. Set aside for garnishing dish.
- Toasted Pine Nuts: Using the same pan toast the pine nuts and set aside for garnish.
- Bring salted water to boil and add pasta. Cook until andante, 8-10 minutes. In the sauté pan that you toasted the bread crumbs and pine nuts, pour in half a cup of heavy cream and stir in pesto. Add the spaghetti and heat through on low. Cook until heated through.
- Pour onto large plate. Place a large heaping teaspoon of pesto on top and then sprinkle with croutons, pine nuts, lemon zest and thinly sliced garlic scapes.
- You can find me elsewhere too:
My Blog-Ma's Aprong Strings: masapronstrings.blogspot.com