Pasta with Chicken, Peppers and Olives
This recipe happened one night when I was looking at some chicken breasts and wondering what to do with them. It was one of those spur of the moment recipes that made my husband say, "Write that one down!"
- small onion chopped
- clove garlic minced
- pepperoncini peppers sliced
- calamata olives, chopped
- large can diced tomatoes (28 oz?)
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- italian seasonning
- red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 Tbsp
- balsamic vinegar
- chicken breasts, cut into small bite size pieces
- 1/2 lb
- pasta such as penne or spaghetti
- 1 - 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Pasta with Chicken, Peppers and Olives
- 1Bring a pot of salted water to boil and add the pasta.
- 2Saute the chicken in a little olive oil until slightly browned. Remove.
- 3Add onion and garlic to the pan and saute until tender.
- 4Add everything else to the pot and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken back in.
- 5Drain pasta just before it is done. Reserve about 1/2 cup of the cooking water to use if the sauce is too dry.
- 6When the chicken is tender, add the pasta to the pot and cook it all together for 2 minutes. Stir in balsamic vinegar and remove from heat.
- 7Serve immediately with parmesan cheese.