PASTA, PEAS & BACON (PASTA PISELLI)
How to Make PASTA, PEAS & BACON (PASTA PISELLI)
- 1Cook the spaghetti according to directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water, then drain and put to the side.
- 2In a skillet fry up the bacon to near crisp. Remove and set aside.
- 3In the bacon fat saute the onion until clear, then add peas and cook until done but still "crisp".
- 4Add cooked bacon to peas and onions, toss.
- 5Add 1/4 cup of hot pasta water and scrape up all the bits in skillet
- 6Add pasta to peas/bacon/onions and toss.
- 7Add remaining hot pasta water. Mix well but gently so as not to break the peas.
- 8Bring to a simmer and add scrambled egg. Cook through, but don't over-cook. If it looks a bit "dry" drizzle with olive oil and toss.