Pasta e Piselli (Pasta and Peas)
It's made with ingredients that are always on hand. Makes for a quick and easy week day dinner.
- 1 lb
- thin spaghetti (farfalle pasta works well too)
- 1 Tbsp
- olive ol
- onion, chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 can(s)
- petite peas
- egg, beaten
- 1/2 c
- grated parmesan or romano cheese
- salt, pepper, parsley to taste
How to Make Pasta e Piselli (Pasta and Peas)
- 1Cook pasta in large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente.
- 2In a medium size sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium heat and add the chopped onion. Cook for approximately 5 minutes until translucent and then add the minced garlic. Cook for about another minute or two.
- 3Add the can of peas with liquid to the onion garlic mixture and cook for another 5 minutes or so.
- 4Strain the pasta leaving a small amount of the pasta water (maybe 1/2 cup) in the pot with the pasta. Transfer the pasta to a serving platter.
- 5In a medium size bowl, beat the egg and add 1/4 cup of grated cheese, salt pepper and parsely to taste. Add to the pasta and mix well so that the egg coats the pasta. (Note: You don't want scrambled eggs, the egg will cook enough just from the heat of the pasta.)
- 6Add the peas to the pasta and mix well.
- 7Top with the other 1/4 cup of grated cheese. Of course you can always use more or less depending on your taste.
- 8Serve with Italian Bread (I like Semolina) and side salad.