Pasta e Ceci (Pasta and Chickpeas)
1/2 tspdried sage
1 sprig(s)fresh rosemary
1/4 colive oil
115 oz can tomatoes
·salt and pepper
·1 to 2 cups beef broth (or more) or veggie broth if vegetarian
8 ozrigatoni, cooked (if serving as a soup use a smaller pasta)
·parmigiano reggiano cheese, for topping
How to Make Pasta e Ceci (Pasta and Chickpeas)
- Drain chickpeas and peel. Don't panic, it's easy. Pinch them between fingers and it pops right off. You don't have to get every single one.
- Saute onion in olive oil until tender.
- Add rosemary and sage and heat until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes and 1 cup beef broth and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and heat through.
- Blend all in blender until smooth.
- Return to pan and add the cooked pasta. Add broth for the consistency you want. We like it to be like a thick stew. Some people prefer it as a soup.
- Serve with a generous sprinkle of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.