2 1/2 cprepared, dried penne pasta
12 ozlean beef
30 ozgarden vegetable sauce
1 1/4 ozshredded parmesan cheese, divided into halves
3 ozmozzarella cheese, low-fat (shredded)
·salt and pepper, to taste
1 Tbspitalian seasoning
1/2onion, lightly chopped
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Pasta Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large non-stick pan over medium-low heat, add the e.v. olive oil and butter. Add onions and saute' for about 5 minutes, or until onions start to break down.
- Add beef and increase heat to medium-high, brown until cooked through. Drain.
- Stir in pasta, sauce and half of the Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon into ungreased rectangular pan.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.