- 2 1/2 c
- prepared, dried penne pasta
- 12 oz
- lean beef
- 30 oz
- garden vegetable sauce
- 1 1/4 oz
- shredded parmesan cheese, divided into halves
- 3 oz
- mozzarella cheese, low-fat (shredded)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- italian seasoning
- onion, lightly chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Pasta Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a large non-stick pan over medium-low heat, add the e.v. olive oil and butter. Add onions and saute' for about 5 minutes, or until onions start to break down.
- 3Add beef and increase heat to medium-high, brown until cooked through. Drain.
- 4Stir in pasta, sauce and half of the Parmesan cheese.
- 5Spoon into ungreased rectangular pan.
- 6Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan.
- 7Bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.