★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbpasta such as ziti or rotini
1 lbitalian sausage, hot or sweet or a combination
1bell pepper (i prefer red), chopped
2 tspchopped or minced garlic
1-224 oz jar(s) of your favorite pasta sauce
3 cshredded mozzerella cheese
2 Tbspolive oil
How to Make Pasta and Sausage Bake
- Cook pasta according to "al dente" directions on the box; drain and set aside.
- Saute onion, pepper, and garlic in olive oil until onions are translucent; set aside.
- In same pan, brown sausage until no longer pink; drain fat. Add 1-2 jars of sauce, depending on how "saucy" you like it.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, onion mixture, and sausage mixture with 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese. Pour mixture into a 9x13 pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes or until bubbly on the sides.