★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- pasta such as ziti or rotini
- 1 lb
- italian sausage, hot or sweet or a combination
- bell pepper (i prefer red), chopped
- onion, chopped
- 2 tsp
- chopped or minced garlic
- 24 oz jar(s) of your favorite pasta sauce
- 3 c
- shredded mozzerella cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
How to Make Pasta and Sausage Bake
- 1Cook pasta according to "al dente" directions on the box; drain and set aside.
- 2Saute onion, pepper, and garlic in olive oil until onions are translucent; set aside.
- 3In same pan, brown sausage until no longer pink; drain fat. Add 1-2 jars of sauce, depending on how "saucy" you like it.
- 4In a large bowl, combine pasta, onion mixture, and sausage mixture with 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese. Pour mixture into a 9x13 pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- 5Bake at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes or until bubbly on the sides.