Parmesan Chicken Manicotti
- pieces manicotti, cooked according to instructions
- 1 c
- skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 c
- hredded parmesan cheese
- 1 c
- shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tsp
- 1 pinch
- of salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can(s)
- italian style crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped fresh basil leaves
How to Make Parmesan Chicken Manicotti
- 1In medium bowl, combine cooked shredded chicken, Ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, oregano, salt and pepper together and stir until well mixed.
- 2Stuff each cooked Manicotti with about 1/4 cupful of the chicken and cheese mixture carefully so that the Manicotti doesn’t tear.
Add the crushed tomatoes in saucepan over low heat. Add 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan and 1 tablespoon chopped basil leaves and stir frequently, until it starts to bubble. Simmer until heated through.
- 3Spray baking dish with cooking spray and place the stuffed manicotti in it. Pour about 1 cup (or more) prepared sauce over the manicotti. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and place basil leaves.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.