Our Favorite Carbonara
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
6baby potabella mushrooms, sliced
2scallions, sliced, green parts only
1/2 pkggrape tomatoes, halved (small package)
3/4 lbspaghetti, uncooked
1/4parmesan cheese, or more to taste
·salt and pepper, to taste
·*see note before starting
How to Make Our Favorite Carbonara
- Cut the bacon into 2" square pieces. Put bacon in the pan and start cooking at medium heat. Boil the water to cooked the pasta as soon as bacon is started.
- Turn heat down on bacon when it is almost done and add mushrooms and scallions. Turn off heat when mushrooms are almost done.
- When pasta is done, quickly dump the pasta in a colander slide sliced tomatoes into the bacon pan and crack 2 eggs on top. Give the pasta a shake or two to make sure it's drained and add hot pasta on top of eggs.
- Stir the spaghetti, eggs, bacon, and vegetables together. The eggs will cook in the hot pasta. Add Parmesan cheese once eggs appear to be set and serve immediately.
- *The key to making this recipe is heat and speed. I try to have my other ingredients done about the time the pasta is finishing. That way the bacon and vegetables are warm or even hot (but not over cooked) as I add the hot pasta, and they can work together to cook the eggs. Speed is important, because you want the pasta to be as hot as possible when you add it to the pan. You also don't want to eggs to cook before you add the pasta. If you feel like the bacon pan is too hot, add the pasta first and crack the eggs on top, then stir it through.