Orzo with Shrimp, Spinach, Tomatoes, Olives and Feta
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
- 1 lb
- whole wheat orzo
- 1 lb
- large shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- 1 tsp
- hot smoked spanish paprika, (do not use hungarian).
- 1/2 tsp
- salt, or to taste
- 3 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice and the zest from 1 lemon.
- 1/4 c
- extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for sautéing the shrimp.
- kalamata (greek) olives, quartered
- 1 c
- baby spinach, chopped
- 8 oz
- cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 6 oz
- greek feta, crumbled
How to Make Orzo with Shrimp, Spinach, Tomatoes, Olives and Feta
- 1Shrimp: Mix the 1 tsp. Spanish hot smoked paprika and the 1/2 tsp. salt in a small bowl. Pat the shrimp dry and put them into a small bowl. With your fingers, evenly distribute the spice mixture onto the shrimp.
Heat a small amount of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
Pour in the shrimp and saute until pink and cooked through.
Remove from the pan and set aside.
- 2Bring a large pot of water to boiling: Add 2 tbsp. salt and the Orzo and cook until just al dent, 8-10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile: Zest the lemon and measure about 3 tbsp. of juice into a large bowl. Whisk in the 1/4 cup of olive oil and salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- 4When the orzo is done: Drain it into a fine mesh colander, shake out the excess water and dump it into the bowl with the dressing. Mix very thoroughly and add chopped spinach mixing well until spinach begins to wilt. Let cool.
- 5When cool: mix in shrimp with accumulated juices, kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes and feta.
Adjust seasoning with salt and freshly ground pepper and serve.
Can be refrigerated and served later.