★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3/4 c
- orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1 Tbsp
- 4 oz
- fresh mushrooms, sliced or quartered (bite size)
- leek or large green onion
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp
- fresh marjoram, minced
- 1/2 tsp
- chicken soup base
- grated romano cheese (optional)
How to Make ORZO Pasta with Mushrooms and Leeks
- 1Cook orzo pasta according to package directions; drain well.
- 2In a large skillet heat butter over medium-high heat; stir in the mushrooms, leek or green onion, pepper, salt, and garlic. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add water, dried marjoram (if using), and soup base. Reduce heat; cook until liquid is almost absorbed, about 6 minutes. Stir in fresh marjoram, if using.
- 3Toss mushroom mixture with pasta. Sprinkle with Romano cheese, if desired.