One-Pot Saucy Beef & Pasta
I like to serve this with cornbread muffins.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef (i like 90% or higher lean)
- medium onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 dash(es)
- garlic powder (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can(s)
- whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can(s)
- (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- corn can of water
- 1 bottle
- barbecue sauce
- additional water as needed
- 1 pkg
- wagon wheel pasta
How to Make One-Pot Saucy Beef & Pasta
- 1Add beef and onion to a Dutch oven. Break the beef up with your cooking spoon.
Season with garlic powder, salt, and black pepper as desired.
Cook over medium heat until beef is thoroughly cooked and onion is tender.
- 2Add corn, tomatoes, water, and barbecue sauce. (Rinse the tomato can and barbecue sauce bottle with a bit of water, and add that to your sauce.)
Put in additional water depending on how saucy you want the finished product. Be sure you have enough liquid to boil the pasta in.
Stir well and bring to a medium boil.
- 3Stir in pasta.
Reduce heat to low, and simmer uncovered about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat before serving.