One Pot Italian Sausage & Pasta by..M.G.C.C.
I love their recipes so much, and this looked so easy to fix, that I thought I'd share it with us here!!!
P.S. This is also their photo of the finished dish.
(I want to give them full credit for the dish & photo)
5mild italian sausage (my preference is turkey)
1red pepper, cut into thin strips
1orange pepper, cut into thin strips
1/4of a red onion, cut in thin slivers
1 Tbsporegano (fresh, or 1 tsp. dried)
2 cuncooked pasta
1/4 csun dried tomato salad dressing, enough to moisten the dish to you satisfaction or depending on how much pasta you have and how moist you want it.
·and parmesan cheese
How to Make One Pot Italian Sausage & Pasta by..M.G.C.C.
- The other day was one of those days that I had not really planned for the unexpected and now I had to get a meal ready in a short time. So what did this cook do when she scrambles around the house looking what is left in the fridge the day before grocery shopping day....she improvises. This meal was so good that I thought I better write down what I did before I forget.
What did I have at home?
- Cut the Sausage as big or small as you want, cook it well, until it is browned to your liking. No need to add oil, there is way to much in the sausage as is. I start it in a bit of water to help the process along. Drain the fat really well. (Turkey Sausage has less fat).
- Mean while cook the pasta, any shape, any kind.
- Once the sausage has browned add all the veggies and cook until tender crisp.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pot.
- Stir in enough dressing to make it moist and sprinkle with desired amount of cheese.
- Put the lid on the pot, take the pot off the heat, and let the cheese melt for a few minutes while you make the salad.
- So simple, so easy, and soooooo good, the empty pot speaks for its self...from the kitchen of charlotte, mgcc
- COMMENT by Barbara:
Ahhh yes, the old saying "necessity is the mother of invention" comes to mind. Another tasty recipe is born!!