OMG Shrimp Alfredo with Fresh Cilantro
- 2 lb
- 1 box
- pasta (i used whole wheat linguine
- 4 c
- skim or 1% milk
- 6 Tbsp
- 6 Tbsp
- 6ish Tbsp
- parmesan cheese
- 2-3 tsp
- minced garlic (if you have fresh, it's even better!)
- pepper to taste
- olive oil for sauteing
- 1/2 c
- fresh chopped cilantro, more or less to taste
How to Make OMG Shrimp Alfredo with Fresh Cilantro
- 1Peel and de-veign shrimp. Saute in with 1 tsp of the garlic, till pink. Set aside.
- 2Prepare pasta as directed on package then set aside if done before sauce is ready. Be careful not to overcook as it will cook a little bit more at the end when everything is all mixed together.
- 3FOR ALFREDO SAUCE:
Melt butter then slowly stir or whisk in flour, making sure you get all the lumps out.
Gradually add in your milk, again making sure you get any lumps out.
Stir/whisk until it's hot and starting to thicken, about 5 minutes or so,
Add the cheese, stirring until it's melted and smooth.
Add the garlic and pepper,
Once it's thickened take it off the heat and add your fresh cilantro, stirring it in.
Add your sauteed garlic shrimp and your pasta to the sauce and cook for about 2-3 minutes mixing well.