Olive oil Parmesan Pasta w/ red pepper flakes
You can eliminate the crushed pepper if you'd like, still makes a great tasty dish.
You need not worry about extact measures. Add more or less of any of these ingredients .. it won't hurt the recipe at all.
- 1/3 - 1/2 pound cooked and drained thin spaghetti or vermicelli (reserve approx 1/4 cup pasta water)
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 crushed garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped fine fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt/pepper to taste
- optional: sour cream topping
How to Make Olive oil Parmesan Pasta w/ red pepper flakes
- 1In large fry pan add oil .. when oil is hot, reduce heat to low/med, add crushed garlic and crushed pepper flakes , saute for about 2 minutes...add parsley flakes , saute another minute or 2 (no longer, avoid garlic from browning)... add reserved pasta water, stir ...add cooked pasta using tongs, toss / blend pasta well with other ingredients just before removing pasta from pan add parmesan cheese , toss and blend . Serve and Enjoy !
Suggestion: garnish with a tablespoon of sour cream