★★★★★ 1 vote5
- large manicotti shells
- 4 c
- shredded mozzerella cheese, divided
- 2 c
- ricotta cheese`
- 6 Tbsp
- fresh basil, chopped
- 26 oz
- spaghetti sauce (4 cups plus 2 ounces)
- 1/2 c
- parmesan or romano cheese, freshly grated
How to Make Old-World Manicotti
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13x9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- 2Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cool water. Let pasta dry on paper towels.
- 3For filling:In a medium bowl, stir together 3 cups mozzerella with the ricotta and fresh basil. Using a teaspoon or piping bag, either stuff or pipe the mixture into the manicotti shells.
- 4Spoon 2 cups spaghetti sauce into the prepared baking dish. Arrange stuffed manicotti over sauce. Pour remaining sauce over the top of the pasta, sprinkle with remaining mozzerella.
- 5Bake manicotti for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the parmesan or romano, bake for 10 minutes longer. serve immediately.