★★★★★ 1 vote5
12large manicotti shells
4 cshredded mozzerella cheese, divided
2 cricotta cheese`
6 Tbspfresh basil, chopped
26 ozspaghetti sauce (4 cups plus 2 ounces)
1/2 cparmesan or romano cheese, freshly grated
How to Make Old-World Manicotti
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13x9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cool water. Let pasta dry on paper towels.
- For filling:In a medium bowl, stir together 3 cups mozzerella with the ricotta and fresh basil. Using a teaspoon or piping bag, either stuff or pipe the mixture into the manicotti shells.
- Spoon 2 cups spaghetti sauce into the prepared baking dish. Arrange stuffed manicotti over sauce. Pour remaining sauce over the top of the pasta, sprinkle with remaining mozzerella.
- Bake manicotti for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the parmesan or romano, bake for 10 minutes longer. serve immediately.