★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 (8oz) pkgmacaroni, elbow
2 1/2 ccheddar cheese, shredded
2 largeeggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cmilk
·ground paprika to taste
How to Make Old Fashioned Mac-N-Cheese
- Cook noodles and drain.
- In lightly greased baking dish (13x9") layer 1/3 each of noodles and cheese twice. i.e. noodles, cheese, noodles, cheese.
- Top with remaining noodles. RESERVE the remaining cheese.
- In a bowl, combing eggs, milk, salt and paprika. Pour over the mac-n-cheese in the baking dish.
- Cover dish with foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese and a pinch or two of paprika.
- Re-cover and let stand about 10 minutes.