OLD-FASHIONED BEEF & NOODLES
Photo by: beefandnoodles.net/...ef-and-noodles
How to Make OLD-FASHIONED BEEF & NOODLES
- Place beef in a Dutch oven in enough water to cover beef. Add the beef broth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 1 hour.
- Skim off any fat, bring to second boil. Add more water if need be, up to 2 qts. total. When water begins to boil, add the noodles and the seasonings.
- You can use 1 large can of beef broth and less--or no--water, for a beefier flavor.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 30 minutes. If broth is too thin, uncover and turn heat to medium for another ten minutes or until it reaches desired thickness.
- Serve beside, or over, mashed potatoes.