Old-fashioned Baked Mac & Cheese
- 1 lb
- elbow macaroni, cooked
- 4 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 1 c
- evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 c
- crushed potato chips or toasted bread crumbs
How to Make Old-fashioned Baked Mac & Cheese
- 1Spray bottom of 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Cook macaroni per directions on box, drain.
- 2Cover bottom of pan with 1/3 of the cooked macaroni. Then cover with 1/3 of the cheese, followed by 1/3 of the butter cut into pats. Sprinkle with salt and cayenne pepper and repeat. Top with layer of cheese.
- 3Mix the eggs and milk together until mixed well. Pour over the layered macaroni and cheese.
- 4Sprinkle top with crushed chips or bread crumbs. Bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.