MY INDIANA FARM STYLE GOULASH - from the 50's
Nancy J. Patrykus
I put together in the 50's !
YEP! Row crops,soy beans and corn.
All the ingredients are cooked then put together, during the day.
Put in the oven (covered) on low till dinner time. Served with a salad and Italian bread....you have a wonderful, and satisfying meal.
On the farm this saved a lot of time..to have dinner prepared and ready to eat...after chores were done. Never had any leftovers!!
But would freeze very well.
I made this this week and shared with my neighbors. They asked me to make it again...SOON!!
- 1-1/2 lb
- ground beef
- 2 large
- carrots, .....chopped
- 2 large
- celery ribs........chopped
- 1 large
- 1/1/2 lb
- elbow macaroni, ......cooked
- 1 qt
- jar spagheti sauce.... home canned,.. or store brand
- salt and pepper...to taste
- maybe: ...grated cheese, olives, can diced tomatoes.
How to Make MY INDIANA FARM STYLE GOULASH - from the 50's
- 2ADD cooked vegetables to meat mixture, also the cooked macaroni. Salt and peppr to taste.
ADD one quart of your favorite pasta sauce.
Mix well,and put in a casserole dish (covered) in the oven on low.
Check occasionally , you may have to add a little water....When YOU, are ready to eat...it is ready. ENJOY!